The HRS 5th & 6 grade multiage classroom is a place where children develop leadership skills and strong study habits. Individual students are encouraged to excel in all that they learn and receive group instruction, individual assistance, and small group learning.
Students pray together daily and learn more about their faith through daily Catholic instruction, Sacraments, Bible lessons, Mass participation, and weekly Mass. We focus on developing a closer relationship with Christ that will last for the rest of their life.
Unique Attributes and Focus:
- Academics: Strong emphasis on increasing student results in reading, writing and mathematics. Students have science and social studies daily, Spanish language exploration, and daily faith instruction. STEM, as a class, is also introduced in 5th and 6th grade!
- Specialists: Art, physical education, technology, band, and choir.
- Faith: Prayer, Sacraments, Mass, and Bible stories
- Leadership: Patrol; Mass participation; Mass Servers; 6th Grade DARE; Eagle Bluff; and Big Buddies.
- Service: Projects throughout the school year.